Renault Triber seven seater Car
French car maker Renault launches seven seater car. This is first car car launches in India by Renault.The car is based on the modification of kwid CMA F platform.Renault aims to provide a function-over-form design that makes it possible to offer lots of space in the smallest footprint possible.
- Triber measures under four metres in length and, barring the Datsun Go+ MPV, is the only sub-four-metre offering in India to get three rows of seats.
- The Renault Triber is unique in its position in the sub-four-metre space.
- There is space for upto seven adults, given its three-row layout
- The second row, however, is sliding, reclinable, foldable and be tumbled, allowing for up to 200mm legroom
- The third row meanwhile, comes with two independent removable seats. Renault claims that the 834mm roof height will allow even full-sized passengers to sit here. There are AC vents and power sockets for all passengers.
- The cabin that highlights these attributes with its silver-accented dual-tone black and beige colour combination and sharp, geometric elements.
- 8-inch touchscreen with Android Auto/Apple Carplay and video playback.
- The digital instrument cluster also stands out with its three virtual dials. There’s keyless entry and push-button starts.
- The large U-shaped grille with a prominent Renault logo on top.
- Flanked on either side of this are the tapering rectangular headlamps.
- Finishing this off are the LED DRLs on the bumper, which bisects the wide arrow-shaped intakes.
- Wide stance, muscular bonnet, roof rails, a large well-proportioned glass-area, optional side-moulding and large wide, beaked tail lamps which accentuate the car’s width.
- The front and rear overhangs are quite short in an attempt to maximise interior space.
- The upright side profile and stepped roof aid practicality, well balanced by the notch at the B-pillar.
- The optional 15-inch wheels are also well designed, standard wheel size is 14-inch.
- Renault has fixed the Triber up with a new 999cc three-cylinder petrol motor which makes 72PS at 6,250 rpm and 96Nm at 3,500 rpm.
- Triber is well over 200kg heavier than the Kwid
- The biggest difference between this and the motor in the Kwid is that this one gets a dual VVT system which makes for more responsiveness.
- The motor comes paired with a five-speed manual and a five-speed AMT, as in the Kwid.
- There are three-point seat-belts even for the middle rear passenger and up to four airbags for the driver, passenger and front sides.
- Triber will come will safety gear to meet AIS 145 standards, like means a seat belt reminder for driver and co-driver, rear parking sensors and an over-speed alert for the driver.
Renault Triber technical specifications
|Engine||3 cyls, naturally aspirated|
|Power||72hp at 6250rpm|
|Torque||96Nm at 3500rpm|
|Gearbox||5-speed manual/5-speed AMT|
|Suspension||McPherson struts/Torsion beam|
|Boot space||84 litres (7-seat)/320 litres (6-seat)/625 litres (5-seat)|
|Fuel tank||40 litres|