Things to know what is Machine learning
Machine learning is the one of best salaried job in the field of computer science.Let be know what is machine learning,Before we go to deep on machine history of machine learning
Arthur Samuel, an American pioneer in the field of computer gaming and artificial intelligence, coined the term “Machine Learning” in 1959 while at IBM. As a scientific endeavour, machine learning grew out of the quest for artificial intelligence. Already in the early days of AI as an academic discipline, some researchers were interested in having machines learn from data. They attempted to approach the problem with various symbolic methods, as well as what were then termed “neural networks”; these were mostly perceptrons and other models that were later found to be reinventions of the generalized linear models of statistics.Probabilistic reasoning was also employed, especially in automated medical diagnosis.
- Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed.
- Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves.
- Machine learning algorithms build a mathematical model based on sample data, known as “training data”, in order to make predictions or decisions without being explicitly programmed to perform the task.
- Machine learning algorithms are used in a wide variety of applications, such as email filtering, and computer vision, where it is infeasible to develop an algorithm of specific instructions for performing the task.
- Machine learning is closely related to computational statistics, which focuses on making predictions using computers.
While many machine learning algorithms have been around for a long time, the ability to automatically apply complex mathematical calculations to big data over and over, faster and faster is a recent development.
- The heavily hyped, self-driving Google car? The essence of machine learning.
- Online recommendation offers such as those from Amazon and Netflix? Machine learning applications for everyday life.
- Knowing what customers are saying about you on Twitter? Machine learning combined with linguistic rule creation.
- Fraud detection? One of the more obvious, important uses in our world today.
Requirement to get good machine learnings
- Data preparation capabilities.
- Algorithms – basic and advanced.
- Automation and iterative processes.
- Ensemble modeling.
Uses of Machine learning
- Financial services
Banks and other businesses in the financial industry use machine learning technology for two key purposes: to identify important insights in data, and prevent fraud.
Government agencies such as public safety and utilities have a particular need for machine learning since they have multiple sources of data that can be mined for insights. Analyzing sensor data.
Machine learning is in the health care industry, thanks to the advent of wearable devices and sensors that can use data to assess a patient’s health in real time. The technology can also help medical experts analyze data to identify trends or red flags that may lead to improved diagnoses and treatment.
Websites recommending items you might like based on previous purchases are using machine learning to analyze your buying history. Retailers rely on machine learning to capture data, analyze it and use it to personalize a shopping experience,etc
Oil and gas
Finding new energy sources. Analyzing minerals in the ground. Predicting refinery sensor failure. Streamlining oil distribution to make it more efficient and cost-effective.
Analyzing data to identify patterns and trends is key to the transportation industry, which relies on making routes more efficient and predicting potential problems to increase profitability.