UEFA Euro 2020
The 2020 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as UEFA Euro 2020 or simply Euro 2020, is scheduled to be the 16th UEFA European Championship, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Europe organised by UEFA.
It is scheduled to be held in 12 cities in 12 European countries from 12 June to 12 July 2020. Portugal are the defending champions, winning the 2016 edition. For the first time, the video assistant referee (VAR) system will be used at the UEFA European Championship.
Former UEFA President Michel Platini said the tournament being hosted in several nations is a “romantic” one-off event to celebrate the 60th “birthday” of the European Championship competition. The winner will earn the right to participate in the 2021 FIFA Confederations Cup. Wembley Stadium in London is planned to host the semi-finals and final for the second time, having done so before at the 1996 tournament.
- Group A: Rome (Italy) and Baku (Azerbaijan)
- Group B: Saint Petersburg (Russia) and Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Group C: Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Bucharest (Romania)
- Group D: London (England) and Glasgow (Scotland)
- Group E: Bilbao (Spain) and Dublin (Republic of Ireland)
- Group F: Munich (Germany) and Budapest (Hungary)