what are the companies owned by volkswagen?
Volkswagen AG, known internationally as the Volkswagen Group,this means peaoples car automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony, Germany and indirectly majority owned by the Austrian Porsche-Piech family.it was the world’s largest automaker by sales, overtaking Toyota and keeping this title in 2017 and 2018, selling 10.8 million vehicle.Volkswagen was founded in 1937, to manufacture the car which would become known as the Beetle. The company’s production grew rapidly in the 1950s and 1960s, and in 1965 it acquired Auto Union.
The Group comprises twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN. In addition, the Volkswagen Group offers a wide range of financial services, including dealer and customer financing, leasing, banking and insurance activities, and fleet management.
Subsidiaries and brands
- Audi AG, the Audi Group, and the Audi marque: 99.64% ownership;formed through the acquisitions of Auto Union from Daimler-Benz on 30 December 1964, and NSU Motorenwerke on 9 March 1969 – Audi being the sole surviving marque from the Auto Union combine. Audi Sport GmbH is Audi’s performance engineering and manufacturing subsidiary.
- Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A., and the Lamborghini marque: 100% ownership.AUDI AG acquired Lamborghini S.p.A. in September 1998.
Porsche headquarters in Stuttgart
- Bentley Motors Ltd including the Bentley marque: 100% ownership by Volkswagen AG. Volkswagen purchased Rolls-Royce & Bentley from Vickers on 28 July 1998,however The purchase did not include the license to use the Rolls-Royce trademark on automobiles, which is controlled by Rolls-Royce Plc BMW outmaneuvered Volkswagen, succeeding in obtaining the rights to use the Rolls-Royce trademark on automobiles. From July 1998 until December 2002, BMW continued to supply engines for the Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph and the Bentley division sold cars under both the Bentley and Rolls-Royce marques, under an agreement with BMW.
- Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., and the Bugatti marque: 100% ownership.Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Groupe VOLKSWAGEN France s.a.Volkswagen acquired Bugatti International S.A. Holding in July 1998.
- Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, and the Porsche marque: Volkswagen AG purchased 49.9% of the shares in Porsche Zwischenholding GmbH (the holding company of Porsche AG) in December 2009Volkswagen AG purchased the remaining stake in Porsche AG equaling 100% of the shares in Porsche Zwischenholding GmbH, effectively becoming its parent company as of 1 August 2012
- Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.100% ownership by Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.; company was bought on 19 July 2012.
- MAN SE, and the MAN marque (controlling shareholder)Acquired a controlling stake in July 2011, making MAN the 10th marque of the Volkswagen Group. 86.87% ownership since October 2018.
- Scania AB and the Scania marque: Acquired controlling stake in July 2008, making Scania the 9th marque of the Volkswagen Group. 100% ownership since 15 January 2015.
- SEAT, S.A.and the SEAT marque: 100% ownership; initially in 1982 a co-operation agreement with AUDI AG; 51% and 75% ownership in 1986, and full ownership in 1990. SEAT was the first non-German subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group. Their high performance motorsport division SEAT Sport is renamed to CUPRA.
- Škoda auto a.s., Škoda Auto, and the Škoda marque: 100% ownership.initially in 1991 a co-operation agreement and 30% ownership;3% and 70% ownership on 1994 and 1995 respectively, 100% ownership since 2000
- TRATON AG(formerly Volkswagen Truck and Bus): 100% ownership. TRATON is the holding company for Volkswagen Group’s heavy commercial vehicle operations.
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles(VWCV), or German: Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge (VWN): 100% ownership;started operations as an independent entity in 1995.
- Volkswagen Passenger Cars, and the Volkswagen marque: the founding and flagship marque of the company, 100% ownership