What is SAP? Define SAP job scope
The SAP(Systems Applications, Products in data processing) started by 5 IBM employees in the year 1972. There vision is for standard application software for real-time business processing. The SAP is the 4th largest software company in the world. Business Processes included in SAP ERP are Operations (Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning, Logistics Execution, and Quality Management), Financials (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Supply Chain Management), Human Capital Management (Training, Payroll, e-Recruiting) and Corporate Services (Travel Management, Environment, Health and Safety, and Real-Estate Management).
SAP has scored 140,000 installations worldwide, over 25 industry specific business solutions and more than 75,000 customers presence in of 120 countries.
When a customer asked to a sales team availability of a particular product. The sales team contacts the stock department to check the availability of the product. The sales team found out that the product is not available. So next time this doesn’t happen, they have to introduce an SAP ERP tool.The different departments are involved in the whole business process, right from the ordering of the raw material to manufacturing goods to delivering final products to the customer.
What is ERP?
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the integrated management of main business processes, often in real-time and mediated by software and technology. ERP systems track business resources cash, raw materials, production capacity and the status of business commitments: orders, purchase orders, and payroll.
ERP systems typically include the following characteristics:
- An integrated system
- Operates in (or near) real time
- A common database that supports all the applications
- A consistent look and feel across modules
- Installation of the system with elaborate application/data integration by the Information Technology (IT) department, provided the implementation is not done in small steps.
- Deployment options include: on-premises, cloud hosted, or SaaS
SAP Courses and JOB
Now so many online and offline courses are available and Job scope is vast. The fee structure of SAP is 2.5 to 3 lakhs and the skilled job get 2 to 5 lakhs.
- SAP Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP Controlling (CO)
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)
- SAP Production Planning (PP)
- SAP Materials Management (MM)
- SAP Quality Management (QM)
- SAP Human Capital Management (HCM)