Why mothers day is celebrated on May
In the whole world celebrated a Day for Mothers that is second Sunday of every May. Many mothers are sacrifice for their child by birth to whole life.The mother who heal our pain,problem solver.etc Here is why we celebrate a day for mom.
- The believe is An American women Anna Jarvis in 1908.
- Anna Jarvis in the memory of her mother at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton in West Virginia. Anna’s mother had expressed a desire and had asked her to hold a memorial after her death. The first World War was going on at that time and following her mother’s desire, Anna created a Mother’s day club to address the health issues of wounded soldiers.
- After nine years, the US President Woodrow Wilson signed order and declared second Sunday of every May as a nationwide holiday in the country to celebrate it as Mother’s Day.
- Her mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis, died. Ann Jarvis had been a peace activist who cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the American Civil War, and created Mother’s Day Work Clubs to address public health issues. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honor all mothers because she believed a mother is “the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world”
- But the version of Mother’s Day has been criticised for being too commercialized and Anna said that it was never her intention.’
- In the success of her first Mother’s Day celebration, Jarvis will remained unmarried and childless her whole life resolved to see her holiday added to the national calendar.
- But some of them arguing that American holidays were based towards male achievements, So she started a massive letter writing campaign to newspapers and prominent politicians urging the adoption of a special day honoring motherhood.