Byju Ravendran And Divya Gokulnath to BYJU’S App
Indians one of the largest startup a Bangalore based MNC.It ia learning app company and main investors are facebook. Byjus App is the first company in Asia recived Facebook Investment.As of 2019, BYJU’S has secured nearly $785 million in funding from investors, including Sequoia Capital India, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), Tencent, Sofina, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Brussels-based family office Verlinvest, development finance institution IFC, Napsters Ventures, CPPIB and General Atlantic. BYJU’S was the first company in Asia to receive an investment from Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative (co-funded by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan). In the year 2017, BYJU’s generated revenues of about 260 crore (US $40 million or €33 million) and doubled it 2018 financial year, earning 520 crore BYJU’S has targeted a revenue of 1400 crores for 2019 financial year. The Byjus App is the Jersey rights of Indian Cricket team by 2019.
Who is Byju Raveendran?
Byju Raveendran, from , a coastal village in Kerala Azhikode Kannur Dist , It is an engineer and he worked for a UK-based shipping company when he began helping a few friends crack the entrance test to the IIMs using his shortcuts. He aced the test himself, scoring 100 percentile, but did not join any of the IIMs.His father Ravendran was a physcis teacher and mother Shobhanavali a maths teacher.And Brother Riju is a director of Byjus App. His wife is Divya Gokunath Co founder of the App. One son Nish.
Starting with small groups of students he graduated to teaching from large auditoriums and stadiums, and then via VSAT. He launched Byju’s-The Learning App in 2015. Byju’s is now looking to expand to the US, UK, South Africa and other African and Commonwealth markets. It is already present in the Middle East.His insperation to start is
- Trained as an engineer, started coaching students to pass mathematics exams in 2006.
- In 2011 he founded an educational company with the help of his students offering online video-based learning programs for the K-12 segment as well as competitive exams.
- 2012 Think and Learn entered both Deloitte Technology Fast50 India and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific ratings and has been present there ever since.
- In August 2015, after 4 years of developments, the firm launched BYJU’S The Learning App.
- App was downloaded by more than 2 million students within the first 3 months since its launch.
- December 2016, the app was among “Best Self Improvement” apps at Google Play India rating.
- 2017, Think and Learn launched BYJU’S Math App for kids and BYJU’S Parent Connect app to help parents track their child’s learning course. BYJU’S app also became a business case at Harvard Business School
- it had 15 million users and 900,000 paid users.
Divya Gokulnath Co founder and wife.
she is Born in Bengaluru Karnadaka. She purused under gratuation from National degree College Jayanagar karnadaka. She did her B tech from R V college Bangalore.Divya is Co-founder and also Director at Byju’s she strongly believes she is a teacher first. She points out, “Being a teacher involves some crazy hard work where you need to understand and explain concepts on camera, for students from different parts of the country. You need to think of all the questions they could possibly ask. My secondary roles would include brand marketing, communications, and mentoring.” . After completing her engineering in Biotechnology from RV College of Engineering in Bengaluru, Divya was planning to apply to universities abroad for her Master’s.
She wanted to hone her Maths skills before appearing for her GRE and heard of Byju Raveendran’s classes from a friend.