How to start a Python programmer II
What are the characteristics of Python?
- Python is easy to learn and use. So it is developer friendly and high level programming language.
- Python language is more understandable and readable.
- Python supports functional and structured programming methods like OOPs.
- Python used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
- Python very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- Python supports automatic garbage collection.
- Python can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA( Cobra is designed by Charles Esterbrook, and runs on the Microsoft . NET ), and Java.
- Python can run equally on different platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS So, Python is a portable language.
- Python language is available at org.The source-code is also available. Therefore it is open source.
- Graphical user interfaces can be developed using Python.
- Python provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
How to set the Path for Programming?
Add the Python directory to the path for a particular session in Windows −
At the command prompt − type path %path%;C:\Python and press Enter.
Note − C:\Python is the path of the Python directory.
What are Python Identifiers ?
The Python identifier is a name used to identify a variable, function, class, module or other object. An identifier starts with a letter A to Z or a to z or( case sensitive) an underscore (_) followed by zero or more letters, underscores and digits (0 to 9).
Python does not allow special characters such as @, $, and % within identifiers.
- Class names start with uppercase letter , other identifiers start with a lowercase letter.
- Starting an identifier with a single leading underscore indicates that the identifier is private.
- Starting an identifier with two leading underscores indicates a strongly private identifier.
- If the identifier also ends with two trailing underscores, the identifier is a language-defined special name.
What are Reserved Words of Python
and exec not assert finally or break for pass class from continue global raise def if return del import try elif in while else is with except lambda yield