MG entry to electric vehicle to Indian Market
MG plan to lauching new car after Hector,the new car name is eZS . It is electric car and run 250 km in a single charge. Plan to launch on may be next januvary.
- MG Motor India, a subsidiary of Chinese auto major SAIC, has a global tie-up of with CATL, which is one of the biggest producer of lithium-ion batteries in the world.
- MG Motor may assembly battery packs with CATL in India, Chaba told IANS.
- The MG ZS EV is a compact SUV with seating capacity for five and full-sized boot.
- The UK website of the company says that the ZS EV comes with a water-cooled 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery which can deliver a driving range of 163 miles (around 262km) on a single charge, at least in controlled environments.
- MG Motor also plans to give a small number of ZS EV to a select customer base in India ahead of its launch in order to create hype for electric SUV, IANS reported.
- The company will place its fast-charging infrastructure in certain locations by October.
- The MG Hector is being produced at the company manufacturing facility in Gujarat.
- MG Motor has invested Rs 2,200 crore in its plant and installed an all-new assembly line.
- MG Motors have joined hands with Fortum India to set up DC Fast Charging infrastructure (50 KW) in the country.
- According to the deal, Fortum will install 50 KW CCS/CHAdeMO DC fast Public Charging Stations across MG’s showrooms in 5 cities including Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad by September this year.
- Although MG Motors have not announced the technical details of the India-spec eZS,
- It uses an electric motor which produces 141 bhp and 353 Nm of peak torque.
- The motor is powered by a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack that can be charged up to 80 per cent in 43 minutes when plugged into a 50 kW fast charger
- When charged with a domestic 7 kW wall box, the charging time extends to six and a half hours.
- It is expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 20-23 lakhs.