Success Story of Gautam Adani
- Gautam Shantilal Adani born in 24 june 1962. Ahmedabad Gujarat India.
- He has 7 siblings and his parents had migrated from the town of Tharad in the northern part of Gujarat.
- His father was a textile merchant.
- In 1978, as a teenager, Adani moved to Mumbai to work as a diamond sorter for Mahendra Brothers. He worked there for 2-3 years before establishing his own diamond brokerage firm at Zaveri Bazaar, Mumbai.
- In 1985, he started importing primary polymers for small-scale industries. In 1988, Adani established Adani Exports, now known as Adani Enterprises the holding company of the Adani Group. Originally, the company dealt in agricultural and power commodities.
- In 1991, the economic liberalization policies turned out to be favorable and he started expanding the businesses into trading of metals, textiles, and agro products.
- In 1994, the Government of Gujarat announced managerial outsourcing of the Mundra Port and in 1995, Adani got the contract.
- In 1996, the power business arm of the Adani Group Adani Power was founded by Adani. Adani Power holds thermal power plants with a capacity of 4620 MW, the largest private thermal power producer of the country.
- In 2006, Adani entered the Power generation business. From 2009 to 2012, he acquired Abbot Point Port in Australia and Carmichael Coal in Queensland.
- He was in the Taj Hotel during the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Companies under Adani Group
Adani Group started 1988 and diversified into other field with the capital of 5 lakhs. He started with other flagship company Adani Exports. The company began coal trading in 1999 followed by a joint venture in edible oil refining in 2000 with the formation of Adani Wilmar. Adani Enterprises became the largest trading house in India importing coal with a market share 60% they supplies coal to NTPC, India.e Adani group also bought Abbot Point port in Australia with 50 Mt of handling capacity. It commissioned India’s largest solar power plant with a capacity 40 MW.
In 2015 the Adani Group’s Adani Renewable Energy Park signed a pact with the Rajasthan Government for a 50:50 joint venture to set up India’s largest solar park with a capacity of 10,000 MW.
The first Adani project of Mundra Port and currently operates 10 ports in now comprising 45 berths and 14 terminals across 6 state.
Parent company mainly focus coal mining mining and trading of coal and iron ore on a standalone basis.Three main subsidiaries:
Adani Wilmar (food processing), Adani Airport Holdings (airport operations) and Adani Road Transport (road development)
Adani Green Energy
Adani Green Energy is the renewable energy arm of the group with portfolio of 5,290 MW of wind and solar power plants.
Adani Power started in August 1996.The company develops and maintains power projects in India. The firm has a combined installed capacity of 10,440 MW with four thermal power projects across India.
Adani Total Gas
Adani Total Gas is a city gas distribution company serving both industrial and residential customers in India through piped natural gas connections and compressed natural gas stations. It is a joint venture of French oil and Adani gas company TotalEnergies.
Integrated in 2013, Adani Transmission handles the commissioning, operations and maintenance of electric power transmission systems. The company holds, operates and maintains 8,511 circuit km of transmission lines that range from 400 to 765 kilovolts. The total transmission capacity of the company is 16,200 MW.
The latest report he starting cement business he group has plans to set up a cement plant in Maharashtra which will have an initial capacity of 5 million tonnes per annum with an approximate investment of ₹900-1,000 crore.