Things to know about HCQ and Use?
- HCQ short of Hydroxychloroquine.
- It is used to prevent or treat malaria caused by mosquito bites.
- Also use for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutanea tarda.
- Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.
- In 2017, it is the 128th most prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.
The US-FDA has issued an unapproved use of this medicine for the treatment of patients with mild, moderate, and severe Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 caused by the new coronavirus. Do not use this medicine to treat COVID-19 unless directed by the doctor.
- HCq is considered safe in pregnancy, and it has a protective role in preventing congenital heart block.
Major & minor side effects for Hcq 200 mg Tablet
- Blurred vision
- Muscle weakness
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Skin rash
- It on a daily schedule, take it at the same time(s) each day. Take this medication exactly as prescribed.
- Hydroxychloroquine may not prevent malaria in all cases. If you experience fever or other symptoms of illness, get medical help right away (especially while in the malarious area and for 2 months after returning from the area). You may need a different medication.