Unknown 10 facts about Dubai
1.Dubai’s economy has flourished tremendously in the last few decades from having only one hih rise building between 1979 and 1999.The city has transorfed itself into a skyline of 190 buildings all over 150 mteres tall,making it the city with the 4th most skyscrapers in the world.
2.Contray to popular belief,Oil accounts for less than 5 % Dubai GDP.The majo8rity of it comes from real estate transportation,commerce,traiding,fianancial services,retail and tourism.
3.Only 15% of Dubai’s population are native Emiratis.According to the 2013 census, the remaining 85% are expatriates consisting primarily of Indians 51% parkistanis 17% and Bangladeshi 9%.
4.Sine its completion in 2009 the Burj Khalifa has been the tallest building in the world measuring an astounding 829.8 m(2722 feet).It tall that you can see two sunsets in one day.One on the ground floor and other on the top.
5.The palm Islands are Dubai’s three artificial Islands.
- PALM JUMEIRAH
- DEIRA ISLAND
- PALM JABEL ALI
The construction of palm Jumeirah was finished in November 2011. Deira Island and Palm Jabel Ali are still under construction. Once they are finished,they will together with the other three islands form a total of 520 KM of non public beaches in Dubai.
6.In Dubai there is something called the “VIP Fridge Magnet” shaped like a pizza box.If you push it an order will be placed at the Red Tomato Pizza based on your previous preferences,and your pzza will be delivered shortly.
7.Every year high end luxury cars are often found abandoned on the streets of Dubai thanks to the lws that consider non payment of a debat a criminal offense.Many expats and locals alike who struggle to clear their debts flee in panic,leaving their cars,never to return.
8.L.icense plates in Dubai are a symbol of prestige and status with some being auctioned and sold at over $9 million.Plates with one digit number are most coveted followef by two digit number.
9.The Dubai police force has a fleet of supercars which include a Lamborghini Aventador,Ferrari FF,Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and Bentley Continental GT.These supercars are not used for hot pursuits but rather for patrolling tourist sports.
10.Rashid bin Saed Al Maktoum the amir of Dubai from 1958 to 1990. Said of their Oil centric economy.
‘My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Lamborghini, his son will drive a Lamborghini, but his son will ride a camel’