What the details about Zoom Video Communication and founder Eric Yuan.
In the time of Covid pandemic the Zoom communication became the great growth in the video App segment. In a single day Zoom App download is 340000 times.During the coronavirus pandemic, social distancing requirements forced people to engage in telecommuting, distance education, and online social relations. The Zoom App is use for video conferencing, online meetings and group messaging.The platform is free for video conferences of up to 100 participants, with a 40-minute time limit.In the larger conferences with other features paid subscriptions are available, costing $15–20 per month. Features geared towards business conferences, such as Zoom Rooms, are available for $50–100 per month.
Story Of Zoom
The zoom founded in the year 2011, and launched its software in 2013. After the launch of 4 years revenue growth and perceived ease-of-use and reliability of its software resulted in a $1 billion valuation in 2017.
- Zoom launched a beta version in September 2012 that could host conferences with up to 15 video participants.
- In January 2013, the company raised a $6 million Series A round from Qualcomm Ventures, Yahoo! founder Jerry Yang, WebEx founder Subrah Iyar and former Cisco SVP and General Counsel Dan Scheinman and launched version 1.0 of the program, with an increase in the number of participants per conference to 25.
- By the end of its first month, Zoom had 400,000 users.
- In September 2013, the company raised $6.5 million in a Series B round from Facebook, Waze, and existing investors. At that time, it had 3 million users.
- The company raised US$100 million in Series D funding from Sequoia Capital in January 2017 at a US$1 billion valuation, making it a unicorn.
- April 2017, Zoom launched Telehealth, a scalable telehealth product allowing doctors to host remote consultations with patients.
- April 18, 2019, the company became a public company via an initial public offering(IPO). After pricing at US$36 per share, the share price increased over 72% on the first day of trading.
- Security researchers and reporters have raised concerns about Zoom’s security claims and the nature of Zoom’s encryption implementation, criticizing the company for its lack of transparency and poor encryption practices. Zoom claims to use “end-to-end encryption” in its marketing materials, but later clarified it meant “from Zoom end point to Zoom end point” (meaning effectively between Zoom servers and Zoom clients), which The Intercept describes as misleading and dishonest.
Founder of Eric Yuan
He was born and raised in Tai’an, Shandong Province, China.He is the Son of mining engineers.When is studying 4th grade, collected construction scraps to recycle copper for cash. when in university freshman in 1987, he was inspired to develop video telephony software while he took 10-hour train rides to visit his girlfriend and was looking for an easier way to visiting her. He earned bachelor’s degrees and master’s degrees in applied mathematics and computer science from Shandong University of Science and Technology. Yuan worked in Japan four years after graduation. After listening to a speech by Bill Gates in Japan in 1994, he was inspired to move to Silicon Valley to be a part of the tech boom. He get the US visa after the 9 rejection. Eric Yuan, a former Cisco Webex engineer and executive, founded Zoom in 2011, and launched its software in 2013. In 2011, Yuan pitched a new smartphone-friendly video conferencing system to Cisco management. The idea was rejected and Yuan left Cisco to found Zoom Video Communications.